- Chicken —- 1 ½ kg
- Rice —- 1 kg (Half boiled)
- Ghee —- 3 cups
- Lemon —- 3
- Sugar —- 4-5 cups
- Garlic —- 10-12 cloves
- Dry coriander —- 1 ½ tsp
- Zafran —- ½ tsp
- Small cardamom —- 10
- Food colour —- a few inches
- Kewra —- 5 tbsp
- Almond —- 1 cup
- Raisins —- 1 cup
- Onions —- 2
- Fennel, garam masala whole —- 1 ½ tbsp
- Salt —- as required
- Cut chicken into pieces and add salt and water.
- In a muslin cloth add onion (cut into four pieces), peeled garlic and coriander and fennel tie these tighter in the muslin cloth.
- Now add this in the same water and prepare chicken stock till 2/12 cup chicken stock left in the sauce pan.
- In the sauce pan add ghee and cardamoms after cutting them.
- After a while when they crackle add chicken pieces with stock.
- Prepare sugar syrup.
- Add Rice, lemon juice, almonds and raisins.
- When water evaporates add zafran, food colour and kewra essence.
- Add a little milk and keep on low flame and cook for half an hour.